AM supports the local transportation partners in the countries they supply with their medicines. AM also supports the development of local production of medicines and provides pharmaceutical counselling, such as in quality control of prepared vaccines etc.
DAHW was founded in 1957 as an independent religious and political organization. Its full name reads Deutsches Aussätzigen-Hilfswerk. The name was changed in 2003 to Deutsche Lepra und Tuberkulosehilfe mainly with the intention to reach out to patients struggling with the virus of tuberculosis.
The company with its headquarters in Würzburg, Germany, operates in more than 300 centres within more than 40 countries around the world.
The organization provides wide range of support, helping individual hospitals with material supply, medicines, staff training and social support for sick people or already cured patients who have not found their place in the society yet.
ILEP is an international federation of NGOs against leprosy based in London. This organization describes itself as "a strong financial alliance" because its partner (member) organizations are able to fundraise € 50 - 60 million per annum from the public resources and institutions.
ILEP members are active in almost all countries where leprosy exists. They focus their efforts on everything that is needed for detection, treatment and rehabilitation of lepers. The main goal of this group is to facilitate cooperation between its members and coordinate their support.
"A person is rich by what he has done for others“
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
DO YOU KNOW…
- We are helping people affected by leprosy in India, Liberia, Columbia and Tanzania. For more click HERE.
- Czech Leprosy Relief is helps to heal Leprosy and TB more than 22 years?
- 31th of January is World Leprosy Day?
- Bacteria of Leprosy (Mycobacterium leprae) was discover in 1874 by Norwegian microbiologist Hansen?
- Around 95% of world population has nature immunity against Leprosy?
- Bacteria of tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculosis) was discover in 1882 by German Robert Koch?
- Since 1941 has been Leprosy treatable?
- To treat Leprosy is using Multidrug therapy (MDT), commbinations of dapson, rifampicin, clofazimin?